35 to 40 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
Beef Green Chili
This soul-warming chili is simple to prepare. Using leftover beef Brisket, add onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, chilies and tomatoes, then simmer to deepen the chili's rich flavors.
- 12 ounces cooked (leftover) beef Brisket, cubed or shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, seeded, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups canned diced green chiles
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dairy sour cream
- Dairy sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded Cheddar cheese, chopped avocado or guacamole
Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeño pepper and garlic; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beef Brisket, chiles and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes to develop flavors, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream.
Garnish with additional sour cream, tortilla chips, cheese, avocado or guacamole, if desired.
282 Calories; 72kcal Calories from fat; 8g Total Fat; 3g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 88mg Cholesterol; 850mg Sodium; 21g Total Carbohydrate; 8.2g Dietary Fiber; 30g Protein; 3.4mg Iron; 7.4mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.1mcg Vitamin B12; 6.9mg Zinc; 29.5mcg Selenium; 110.1mg Choline.